Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving!!

 
Thanksgiving Day was great.  I cooked my first turkey, which was an experience.  First of all, the neck was inside of the body.  Most people knew that.  Disturbing. This should have been something I have done by now. We always went to our mother's homes, and that generation cooked for us, and we got away with bringing a devilled egg or something pitiful like that.  This year, I pulled my butt off of the recliner around Tuesday, (my first of 3 days off), and made a list.  I actually remembered the list at the grocery store, and started cooking Wednesday.  This resulted in hot rolls that ended up looking like cookies, and a weird, dark pumpkin pie.   But overall, the meal was lovely and I scored June Cleaver points with my family. (I love her).  Then after dinner, I took a 3 hour nap.  Heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment